Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A bird in the hand is worth two bushes

Okay, so you know how for a while everyone said things like, "He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer," or any of the other ways of phrasing it? Well I think the most hilarious one is, "He's not the brightest pencil in the shed." I mean, how random is that? It is totally and completely wrong. The other one I love is something that Oscar says on Corner Gas. "It's not rocket surgery."

The main point of this post (my writing for school keeps emphasizing that papers must have an overall point, which I happen to lack most of the time) is just to say that although I often say a saying completely wrong, usually it's on purpose. I started thinking the other day that people who don't know me must think that I am either slow, or an idiot. So just keep that in mind next time we are talking and I say the title of this post to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment